The District provides training for board members at the administrative summer conference and through Alabama Association of School Board (AASB) conferences and training sessions. Legal Counsel from the Board’s Attorney is available at every board meeting for questions, verification, and clarification about local, state, and federal regulations and legislation. The State Board of Ethics is also used as a resource when appropriate. Each board member as well as all employees who earn $50,000.00 are required to watch the Alabama Ethics webinar, sign an ethics agreement and complete all required state ethics forms. Educational policies are based on compliance with the Alabama Administrative Code and the needs of the district. The Alabama Administrative Code provides state regulations for the education of students at all levels. All policies are reviewed by legal representatives before implementation. Each administrator and supervisor monitors compliance with all applicable laws.
The Alabama Administrative Code and the District Policy Manual includes the school superintendent’s authority and relationship to the Board of Education. The superintendent keeps the board well-informed about the internal organization and operations of the system, reporting to them monthly. The Superintendent has established an LEA Continuous Improvement Committee to write district-wide goals and objectives based on data to drive direction for the system. The district administrative office has an administrative organizational chart that outlines supervision roles. These goals along with established policies allow the Superintendent to set direction, implement procedures and delegate leadership responsibility while preserving his leadership authority as administrative head of the District.
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT PICKENS COUNTY SCHOOLS?
We are in the process of conducting surveys with all stakeholders affiliated with Pickens County Schools. We would like to know what you think about the school in your community. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. The responses will be used to improve relations with our schools and the community in which they serve.
If you have questions about the survey or need assistance completing it, please contact Vanessa Anthony at (205) 367-2086 or Anissa Ball at (205) 367-8195.
- Accident Injury Report.pdf
- AED CHECKLIST.pdf
- Lee V Macon Addressing Disproportionality PD Guidelines.pdf
- Maintenance Work Order.pdf
- Pickens County Schools Bullying Form.pdf
- Pickens County Schools Bullying Policy.pdf
- Pickens County Schools Bus Request Form.pdf
- Pickens County Schools Monthly Travel Report.xlsx
- Pickens County Schools Monthly Travel Report.pdf
- PD leave-reimbursement request form.pdf
- Purchase Requisition.xlsx
- Purchase Requisition.pdf
- Teacher transfer request form.pdf
- Technology Work Order.pdf
- Zone Variance Request.pdf
Board Policy Manual
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section A.pdf
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section B.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section C.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section D.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section E.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section G.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section I.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section J.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section K.doc
- PCBOE Policy Manual Section L.doc